Re: [IRCA] Stations That Have Shut off HD Radio

Re: [IRCA] Stations That Have Shut off HD Radio

Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
I highly doubt a station would tell yuo specifically WHo complained. They
might say a station or listeners, but I doubt they'd give specific names.

What I've heard through the grapevine is that it wasn't public complaints that did it, anyway - it was executives at the station buying new cars with AM radios with wide front ends that let the hiss through on analog.

It's kind of the same thing as when a LOT of FM stations all got RDS all of a sudden a few years ago - RDS suddenly became standard equipment in that year's Cadillacs, and so the GM started asking, "Why aren't my call letters showing up like the other guy's?"