Re: [IRCA] TA carriers 09-02-08

Many TA's audible tonite here in coastal WI. Esp mid band. High band not so special nor was low band but mid band rocked. 1134 Croatia was often entertainment quality in 6 Khz filter with local WISN phased out. 1125 Belgium atop Spain (Croatia has left that channel) as and example. 1215 and 1206 often clear as day. 1053 UK good earlier, but Romania thru them for a while for a new country when things peaks around 0330-0420. My 972 was NDR from Germany. Not much on 1566 here, but a 35 deg BOG is not the right direction for Benin on high end. All in all probably 40 channels with at least trace audio. Was nice to pull in Portugal on 720 again while phasing out the Cubs loss on WGN but bothered by WOR IBOC at times..no trace of Canaries as these BOGs aim rather to far north for them. Czech on 954 also in there as this direction BOG is not optimal for Spain and is better for northern and more easterly Europe. Holland 675 with rlg mx as examples. 873 had AFN Germany well atop Spain.

I'll again mention Mauretania 783 which stays on past 0100 // 4845 and gets out well and isn't hard here when I phase null WBBM.

Maritime domestics good. CKNB 950 in. Nfld on 750 in there with WSB phased but lost to C&W WARD. CFDR backgrounding WBBM with C&W.

Denmark on 1062 with stunning signal. IS then clear Danish news.

IBOC a huge pain here. But phased BOGs help lots. Without phasing I'd have much more IBOC misery as well as much more QRM from pests.

Nigel, hopefully your K9AY can null Denver IBOC but if not, phase it vs something as Denver is close enough to opposite your TA direction, IMHO. From your QTH...SE Alberta isn't it ? I suspect that you can phase out any IBOC QRM for TA'a or TP's (Japs, Koreans, Chinese etc rather than DU's) without harming the DX signal

73 de KAZ.. will do a more formal report soon. .. Grafton WI..R8A and 425 ft // 297 foot Phased BOGs at 35 deg atop the bluff 150 ft above Lake Michigan.