[IRCA] TP from Masset for 1Sep08 Korea rules!

[IRCA] TP from Masset for 1Sep08 Korea rules!

Not as good as a morning compared to Sunday, but still plenty of action:

TP report from Masset, BC for 1 September 2008

Good morning!  A very strong North Korean presence today!  Plus some interesting others.  First to TA from last night….a disappointment.  Not a trace from TWR 1566 Benin.  Just a few audios, including 189 Iceland at a 7 level at 05:10, 774 at 7 level at 05:12, 1215 with Spanish at 7.5 level.  Another 4 or 5 stronger hets.  That was it, and what was present appeared late.

Now onto this morning’s TP activity.  Monitored between 12:35 and about 14:20.  Russian LW were in well on 153, 171, 180, 189, 234 and 279.  Also had smatterings of audio on 209 from Mongolia.  When I checked 531 I was surprised and pleased to hear two Australians.  One was playing “Ma Cherie” (?3GG), while the other was talk.  Funny, but I didn’t hear any ID at the TOH, just into news.  I did hear an ad with a NSW theme, so presumably 2PM.  Also, I thought instead of a call sign, I heard “93.5”.  Any thoughts of someone on 531 moving to FM?

North Koreans were “almost everywhere” on 702 (cochannel NHK2 at 13:44) KCBS //2850, 720, 819, and 873….all in // and all strong.  I did not hear 855, though.

711 had a Chinese station cochannel to KBS1.

747 had the usual NHK2 along with cochannel KBS1 with the Korean sometimes dominating.

756:  CNR1 with echo.

801:  KTWG at 13:42 with English preaching, but didn’t hear any IDs…had faded away by 14:00.  Also het from 801.2.

810:  Mostly a Chinese speaker, although did briefly hear Russian.

1494:  I’m sure that I’m hearing V6AI with non-stop EZL music along with cochannel stations.  CC earlier, and JJ at 14:00.  There was never any ID nor talk, and they seemed to continue past 14:05.  Continues to be a tentative logging only.

1548:  No Sri Lanka this morning, but did hear some Russian and also mostly 4QD at 13:34 discussing Japanese pressure on Tonga to resume whaling in their waters, plus the off frequency Filipino.

A good X-band opening with Radio Brisvaani on 1701.07 plus a weak cochannel, 1683.2, 1665 with Greek music, 1656, 1647 (het only), 1638 quite strong with Radio Lebanon plus another cochannel, and 1629 with EZL music plus one other station.  Overall, conditions were down from yesterday, but still interesting!

An antenna note.  I continue to be very happy with my 2nd ALA 100 loop oriented 30/210 degrees….gives a great DU performance.  Also today for the first time, the NW BOG has performed quite well with clearly a dichotomy of Asian and DU signals, compared to pure Asia with my North mini-Beverage and almost to the same extent my Asian ALA array.   Good DX to all!.......Walt.