Re: [IRCA] TSA CONSISTENCY

> While I have shipped insured items I packed via FedEx and UPS, the better
> practice is to let them do the packing,  (Kinkos, UPS Stores)  Why?  If
you
> do the packing and there is damage due to rough handling, unless the
package
> shows serious exterior damage, both companies will fight you tooth and
nail
> over the claim.  If they do the packing and shipping, they can hardly
blame
> damage on improper packing.

Yes, having the UPS store do the box work is OK.  Since I will be moving the
radios when I go on vacation, I simply bought an appropriate sized Gator
case.  It's a medium sized suitcase and fits the Palstar rx, ferrite rod
antenna and tripod, plus the battery and power supply and associated cables.
It has cut-to-size foam rubber inside and is safer than any cardboard box.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI