[IRCA] 1550 on high power tonight

Marc,
1550 in New Smyrna Beach went dark in the mid 90's. The frequency laid dormant until we filed an app in 99 to move it to Flagler county. With the increased distance from Tampa we were able to go
for more power.
The station in New Smyrna Beach started in 62 as WORT, in the mid 60's became WOGO until the change to WCCZ in the mid 70's. The tower location was on Smyrna Yacht Club Island in the intracoastal wich provided a perfect salt water ground. Even in it's 250 watt days up until the mid 80's, you could hear it quite easily up the coast to Charleston, SC. 1550 has been reborn and being the first commercial operation in one of the fastest growing counties in the US
should hve a bright future.
Thanks
Jerry Kiefer