Re: [IRCA] Yamaha receiver-OT

Russ Edmunds wrote:

Or, just for fun, visit any number of K-Mart, Wal_Mart, Best Buy,
Circuit City and other stores which sell lots of home entertainment
equipment and ask if they have any HD radios. Or HD tuners. And see
what kinds of looks, comments, and other non-answers you get. The
salespeople don't know what they are, don't know if they ever had
them in stock, but they certainly don't now.

They're not going to sell many radios taht way -- and they haven't...
and won't...

For whatever it's worth, our locally owned audio/video chain here, The Stereo Shop, had the Sony F1HD prominently featured in their newspaper ad last Sunday, HD Radio logo and all.

If I can find the time this weekend (my sister is getting married tomorrow, and things are a bit chaotic), I'm going to go over and see if they really have them on the shelves, and if I'm the first to buy one.

(In the past, they've sold the BA Recepter and I think the Sangean, as well as that really high-end Yamaha receiver with HD; they tell me they've sold a few, in part because of the promotional push we've made at WXXI for our HD2 and HD3 offerings. And their people are VERY knowledgeable, unlike the minimum-wage mouth-breathers down the street at Circuit City, Best Buy and Radio Schmuck.)