Re: [IRCA] EWE Up in Carlisle UK!

Barry,

Another way to go with the pot is to get a 1K pot and put it in series with a 500 ohm resistor. That really gives you a big soft null to fine tune. I've NEVER experienced an antenna in the EWE, Flag, Pennant or KAZ family that had its null very much above 1000 ohms. Nowhere near 2000, for sure

Also, its been my experience that a poorer ground means less termination resistance needed. That makes sense to me and has been my experience, too. If the ground has a resistance of 300 ohms (instead of zero) then the null will be around 600 ohms. I understood Patrick to state the opposite (bad ground means higher resistance for the null.) Maybe I misunderstood??? Hard to argue with Sir Patrick's experience with EWEs or his results :>)

I wonder if your impedance matcher might be all or part of your problem??

Good luck!

  John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, UltraLights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest