[IRCA] TPs from Orcas: Aug 11

Was up early this AM and was rewarded with my best Asian AM so far. It was there when I checked in at 1210, peaked around 1220 (LSR 1300) and the Biggest signals stayed around until band fade a few minutes before dawn. Things were no where near mid-season form, still scattered and mostly weak, but it was great to see some old Asian friends for the first time this season.

The Asian bunch:

747, peak at 8 JJ
774, peak at 8 JJ
828, 6 only
855, bits of KK on the off channel station
918, 6 only
936, under-mod CC at 1220
963, CRI RR, peak at 8
972, the Korean, late at a weak 7
1017, CRI KK with talk of Olympics, peak at 8
1053 Jammer doing well
1242 JJ
1287 JJ
1422 (JORF) JJ
1566 8 after 1230, but very under-mod
1575 6 minus

A few familiar DUs came up around 1245 or 1250, but faded before LSR. These included 612, 621, 702, 756, 765, 891 (2 sigs), 1107 and 1116. All were 6s or very weal 7s.

I was particularly glad to hear the Chinese, of course, this early in the season. It was a nice morning.

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest