Re: [IRCA] TP for 3Aug: Pedestrian morning

At 06:52 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
>For once, Walt and I heard the same things... almost exactly.  We DXed exactly the same time period, too.  The only things of his that I missed were the LWs and1475 that I almost never check, the 6-level audios on 738 and 639.
>
>I did catch a handful of the very brief peaks that he did not: two 6s on 891 and a HUGE brief JJ peak on 747... a solid 9 at 1228. I also had 6++ on 675 which I'm convinced is the Kiwi Maori station... I've never had a station that just hung at the edge of solid language recognition for so many mornings.  I, too, found 783 my most interesting.  And I though that it was Access Radio, as well.  I think that they were running a BBC feed???  Other than that, we were exactly the same.... a rare occurrence.
>
>The Kiwi's were doing better than the Aussies... in strength, tho' we heard about an equal number of each.
>
>A pedestrian morning, but a NICE pedestrian.
>
>John B.
>Orcas Island, WA

Hi, John.  As you know, 891 is a virtual impossibility here due to Village 900 just a couple of km from me and aimed right at us, so no chance there.  Missed the 747 peak, although I must just have missed it as I start at the bottom and work up.....576 at 12:24 while 828 was at 12:31....Hmmm.
I checked my possible Maori station from yesterday (a better DU morning), and it was 765 and not 675 as you heard it.  OK, we both thought Access R, and it did sound BBCish, but I didn't stay around to confirm.  As we usually differ a fair amount, despite the close distance, it's nice to see that we coincided this morning!  Will try again tomorrow morning, unless babies interfere.  A fantastic and beautiful long weekend isn't it?   BC day tomorrow.  Watch for the Snowbirds flying over at noon tomorrow.......Walt.