Re: [IRCA] Propagation and DX differences

At 09:42 AM 7/11/2008, you wrote:
>Dennis
>
>Thanks again for the solar info of the early 80s. One tip listed, I have
>not heard in sometime even here on the coast, 2GF 1206 Grafton. Back in
>the early 80s they were a regular visitor night after night. They would
>mix with 4XO. I haven't heard either in a long time.
>But those constant high A & K may have had an effect on the DU DX.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KGED QSL Manager

I'm very skeptical that it's the A/K indices that account for the change in TP propagation over the years.  Now that we have discounted the splatter aspect, according to the experts out there, there's more going on in our
ionosphere than can be accounted for up to this point.  Looking outside the box, what about global warming, increases in pollutants in the atmosphere, ozone or lack thereof, even the Alaskan HF array pumping megawatts
skyward.  Unfortunately, I can't comment on my own experiences over the years, since until the last several years, I was a dedicated SW dxer only.......Walt