Re: [IRCA] Summer daytime skip, plus local art news (only mildly OT)

At 17:09 6/13/2008, you wrote:
>Greetings everyone,
>
>I hve noticed  lot of daytime skip this June.

Apparently, it was pretty regular in June 1937.....

Our local newspaper here in Victoria, BC is celebrating its 150th birthday by reprinting items each day from the newspaper at some point in the last 150 years.

Yesterday, they reprinted:    "June 12, 1937: Around the dial on the radio today"

How about:  "12:30 p.m.  Little Jackie Heller, young tenor, will be the featured male vocalist on the Club Matinee broadcasts with Harry Kogen's Orchestra.  KJR, KGO."

or

"2:35 p.m.  The Home Symphony, conducted by Ernest LaPrade, will be heard in the concluding concert of the current series. KJR, KGO"

So it appears that KGO had a June daytime listening audience north of  the border in 1937...

In other news, it really does appear that Victoria has an underground AM radio fanaticism, even in 2008, and I'm not just speaking of the several contributors to this list from this relatively small Canadian city.   A small art gallery on the main road between Walt Salmaniw's neighborhood and mine has a painting in its window of CFAX-1070's towers;  even stranger was the period a few weeks ago when it briefly had TWO paintings of CFAX's towers in the window.   So far as I know, neither Walt nor I bought the other painting, nor do I think we had any influence on the subject material displayed there.

Now, the towers are on an otherwise picturesque island, but they do dominate the island.   In fact, does Scott F. have a photo of them yet?

best wishes,

Nick