Re: [IRCA] Citizenship (OT)

Mike,

The CRTC and music content then goes along with any Canadian writers
like Neil Sedaka and Paul Anka, if they wrote the song an an America or
anyone else sings it, it is considered Canadian content.  I saw the
special that CBC News World ran sometime back on the history of CKLW and
apparently changing the rules on Canadian content hurt them. That was
the beginning of the end for CKLW.  I don't know about others, but I
like a lot of Canadian music. Some great artists have come from North of
the border like the Guess Who, Paul Anka, Celine Dion. So many Canadian
stations are dropping good oldies for News talk, sports, etc. It is a
real shame. I really enjoy the Canadian content. I have bought quite a
few CDs from songs I have heard on CKBD-600 too. Some of them have been
tough to get in the states, so I have ordered from Canada. CKBD will be
missed.  Infact back in the 70s when visiting Vancouver, I would stop in
at record distributors and pick up promos and bring them back to the US
and play them at KVAS Astoria where I was music director. I told the
rep's why I wanted them. They got a kick out of an American wanting to
play Canadian product in the US. I thought it was great! I am a real fan
of Canada anywy. I always have been. I remember "Shooter" and other
great groups at the time. I used to enjoy LG-73 and C-FUN a lot. Ah, the
good ol' days.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin