Re: [IRCA] Quite possibly the smallest licensed radio station...

Re: [IRCA] Quite possibly the smallest licensed radio station...

There are different regulations conerning transmitteroperation amongst
different licenses (non commercial, comemrcial, etc).. and maybe Powell can
chime in here.

But... WPEB would not be allowed to use that transmitter. A transmitter for
use by an FCC licensed radio station has to be Type Accepted/Certified and I
have a feeling that one ISN'T.

Also, if WPEB is going to upgrade their best bet is to reach Class A Status.
All they have to do is meet a 100W ERP, but not 100 feet. They could run
100W from 5 feet HAAT and make Class A Status.
WPEB, as a Class D, could be thrown off by something as small as a
translator.

(I know an FM station licensed for 1KW at 3 feet)

Paul Walker
www.realradiousa.com