Re: [IRCA] Quite possibly the smallest licensed radio station...

Re: [IRCA] Quite possibly the smallest licensed radio station...

David,

Not that WPEB isn't on my target list for FM!  But with about what seems like 300 stations on 88.1 in my area, it will be tough, especially with a certain annoying NPR station in Baltimore dominating the channel.

My best low-powered FM catch is WNJS in Berlin NJ on 88.1- 20 watts at 50 miles, so WPEB is a possibility if the DX gods are smiling...

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

"HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS" <DAVID.HASCALL@xxxxxxxx> wrote: Hey John, ya never know about folks not hearing them.  Many FM DX'ers
have heard translator's, less than 10 watts, via Es (e-skip, if you
prefer).  It COULD happen. :)  In fact at least a couple of DX'ers have
heard automobile "iPod" transmitters and the signal sounded definitely
Es-ish.  Those are *supposed* to be less than 1 watt.

Wonder if WPEB can upgrade?  Here is a 30w FM transmitter for less than
$300 :)  Paul, is it legal (if they had a permit to run 30 watts)?  In
the past, they had a model that did RDS, too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/30W-PLL-STEREO-FM-Broadcast-Transmitter-LCD-Display_
W0QQitemZ370053424627QQihZ024QQcategoryZ296QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ
ViewItem

73,
Dave

Message: 1