[IRCA] Ultralight Radio Awards Committee Formed-- Exceptional Awards Offered!

[IRCA] Ultralight Radio Awards Committee Formed-- Exceptional Awards Offered!

Hello All,

     If you were to receive Djibouti-1431 on a  stock pocket radio on the
East Coast (5,906 miles), would you feel deserving of  an award?  How about
receiving VOA Thailand-1575 on a stock pocket radio  from the west coast (7,283
miles)?  Do these receptions sound like science  fiction?  No--  they are today's
reality!

     With a strong desire to provide due recognition  for outstanding DX
accomplishments at this most challenging (and exciting)  operating level, the
Ultralight Awards Committee has been formed with one  primary purpose:  to
encourage and reward those DXers who are willing to  prove that their operating skill
and knowledge are sufficient to overcome the  challenge of using very basic
equipment.  A trio of recognized Ultralight  radio DXers  (Rob Ross, John
Bryant and myself, Gary DeBock) will be  organizing and administering an Ultralight
DXing awards system, with a goal of  providing YOU with recognition for your
challenging receptions with  Ultralight radios.

     Some very exceptional DXers will soon be receiving  special Founder's
Awards for outstanding DX accomplishments during the  past season.  These
individuals don't need to submit any application--  their accomplishments are well
known to any Ultralight radio DXer.

     For the detailed follow-up program, we would  like YOUR input concerning
which awards you would like to see!  Obviously,  total stations, states,
provinces, countries and continents received on  Ultralight radios are logical
choices for Ultralight awards, as well as total  number of transoceanic
receptions from each coast.  Would you like to have  an award for the first
transoceanic reception from a specific state, or  province?  How about an award for the
farthest reception from a specific  state, or province? In your Ultralight
DXing, what would YOU consider a  great accomplishment?  We would like to know!

     Rob, John and I wish to motivate every possible  AM-DXer to enjoy the
supreme thrill of receiving exceptional DX on pocket  radios, and we
collectively pledge to create an awards system that will  honor and recognize individuals
who accept this special  DXing challenge.  With your input and suggestions,
we can ensure that  exceptional DX is exceptionally rewarded!  Please feel free
to submit any  comments or suggestions to me (_d1028gary@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:d1028gary@xxxxxxx) )  or John (_bjohnorcas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:bjohnorcas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ).   General comments here on the IRCA list reflector or the
Ultralightdx Yahoo Group  site will also be very welcome.   Thanks!

                    73,  Gary  DeBock

favorites at AOL Food.