[IRCA] Hapless dx attempt

Switched on the Drake shortly after midnight this morning but the
attempt was short lived.  Starting at 540 the first thing I noted was
that my locals were severely splattering adjacent frequencies much more
than is usual.  550 & 570 were heard only using the filters which is not
common.  CBK was atop on 540.  As I went up the band the same was true.
Regional dominants such as KTNN-660, 700-Soledad, etc were very loud.
Did note that Modesto 840 & KTRB-860 S.F. were airing the same talk
show.  Interesting only by the fact that KTRB moved from Modesto up here
and 840 is new.  IBOC hiss noted under KFIA/KIRO again so must be
KDWN-720.  By the time I hit the IBOC hiss area 900-1200 I had lost
interest.  Conditions obviously not the best at that time of night
anyway.

Don Kaskey
San Francisco CA