Re: [IRCA] Remote SDR operation

At 13:57 4/13/2008, you wrote:
>One of the things I've experimented with is remote operation of the SDR-14
>receiver.  Originally I tried setting it up in New Bedford, MA with a loop
>aimed N-S.  Local operation showed some very interesting receptions, even
>though it was located right at a transmitter site.  Caribbean stations were
>especially good.
>
>The initial setup was to use the network interface........

Did you make enquiries about this on the SDR-14 group, Craig?

So far, my only experience has been using the SDR-14 with a USB to Ethernet converter, and then point to point Ethernet,  but that was using it for spectrum analyses, rather than audio.  But it meant that Spectravue was running at the working computer (which needed to be rather fast) rather than at the SDR-14 box.

I need to return to that project fairly shortly, so will have to see if I can convince it to work over a network and with demodulation.   Can't say I'm really hopeful, but it will provide an interesting challenge.

best wishes,

Nick