[IRCA] NE Oregon--poor this morning for Pacifics

[IRCA] NE Oregon--poor this morning for Pacifics

This morning was very poor with no audio. I woke up early and a check had some weak MW hets around 1230 utc. Later even the hets were gone except for usual huge 1098 het, 1356 utc. Last night early evening had 570 Radio Reloj "RR" at good level for a couple of minutes, and I even caught the one TOM tone at 0245 utc, thanks for Curt's explaining the format. There just happened to be a second of silence right then where all the other stations were quiet too, and the tone came through, followed by the higher-pitched "RR" code. 530 had the Cuban station strong about that time too, playing music. RVC was much weaker with some SS preacher underneath. But the Cuban was playing instrumental music, and the tune seemed familiar. I kept listening and finally I recognized it as "Jesus Christ Superstar" theme song from the old musical of the same name. That seemed quite odd to be played by a Cuban station! Now that tune is still stuck in my head this morning. I never liked it much but it was played to death at the time the musical was popular--I haven't heard it for years until last night.
Steve
NE Oregon
R75, longwires