[IRCA] WBGS 1030 and UnID 1700

Good Afternoon All:

            WBGS, 1030, 10 kw, Point Pleasant, WV, has Limbaugh back on this
afternoon, which means the only thing they ran that sounded like an oldie
was Paul Shanklin's take off on "Aint that Ashame," making fun of a certain
candidate's middle name.  They are still using the "Cruisin' 1030 slogan,
though, so I'll be checking to see what they do the rest of the day.  Also
still carrying the usual local spots with the usual local announcer.

            I don't recall who had the original post about the UnID 1700,
but it could have been any satellite-fed station having a problem.  This
means it could have been any station I know of on the channel except WEUP
and KKLF, both of which do local origination (more or less-KKLF rebroadcasts
KLIF, but probably not from a satellite feed).  All it takes is one little
mistake or one service to change channels and you've got a recipe for
pandemonium.  I recall one Sunday nigiht when WATH, 970, Athens, broadcast a
continuously looping Clear Channel ad for a station hardware company it had
purchased, selling such things as lightning protection equipment for local
stations.  When I called the morning DJ about it the next day he was audibly
embarrassed.

            Another evening about three years ago I caught them broadcasting
one of the weirdest talk shows I have ever heard.  Then apparently the high
schooler who was running the FM side popped over, rrealized his boss, a
Methodist, wouldn't like hearing his AM station carrying someone who sounded
like a cross between Sister Fatima and the Wicked With of the West, and
started changing channels (on the air), finally settling (I think) for ESPN,
which made some sense since they carry ESPN on the weekends.  So whoever it
was heard it, I believe you really did hear Radio Disney on 1700, but unless
somebody comes clean you may never know whose transmitter was actually
broadcasting it.

            BTW, does anybody know anything about those big southern CPs (50
kw-ers on 660 and 830 and the Waynesboro, VA on 1700)?  Are they likely to
get built and when will they test?

73's

David