[IRCA] 1150 CJRC and note to station database people

[IRCA] 1150 CJRC and note to station database people

CJRC 1150 Gatineau QC has CRTC permission to extend its operaton until March 16, 2009, in order to continue to resolve signal difficulties. The station is looking to relocate the transmitter of its new FR frequency of 104.7 and raise power in order to reach an area comparable to the 1150 signal. The figure they can buy the peoprty and go through the process in a year. A new facility would of course require CRTC and Industry Canada approval. So French heard in 1150 for the next year is most likely CJRC for DXers anywhere west of the station. It packs a good signal, whereas I've yet to see Gaspe logged by anyone, anywhere in this direction. (I would stand corrected if anyone has heard a definitive ID).

www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/Notices/2008/pb2008-14.htm

Item #20.

I might add this decision is part of a new streamlining procedure the CRTC has implemented for relatively minor applications. Thos of you tracking station changes need to look carefully for decisions like this. The applications under the streamlining procedure are not gazetted in advance. You find out when the decision is made. Like I said, these are considered MINOR matters, but can involve minor increases in power.

Saul Chernos