Re: [IRCA] KXOR-660 etal

Paul,

I e mailed an FCC official about a station once and the FCC official
being in Portland did not really investagate the station as it was in
another state where there are no FCC officials. I don't blame the FCC as
they do not have the resources or manpower to ride herd on broadcasters
today. I blame our government for downsizing the FCC to where it is
today. They talk about the money it takes to do the job. If we are going
to allow zillions of stations operating in the country, there should be
FCC offices and officials to ride herd on all of them. We seem to have
money for everything else. Bob interviewed several retired FCC officials
and they were not happy with the "New FCC". It is like downsizing the
police departments as it takes too much money to run them. If the FCC
fined every station for breaking the rules, then they would have plenty
of money to operate the FCC. However, the rules come from higher up,
don't ask don't tell. The FCC just does not have the help it needs. If
you downsize any agency, then anything goes. Back in the 60s & 70s, the
FCC would have nailed any station that repeatedly broke the rules.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager