Re: [IRCA] Recording Ultralights

> I also wonder about using a long patch cord to a laptop, probably
> with a ferrite choke. Personally, I'd like to start using Ultralights
> in GY DXing with timed TOH recording.  Solving the "battery problem"
> with an ultralight is fairly easy.  Solving the interference problem
> may not be.
>
> HAS ANYONE BESIDE GUY TRIED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM YET???
>
> John B.

John,

I have been blessed by a total lack of noise when using my desktop
computer connected the SRF-59 to do GY TOH recordings. I used the same
RadioShack audio patch cable that connected the computer to my Drake
R8, but had to locate the UL radio about 4 feet from the computer's
LCD screen to eliminate the screen-induced noise. I would guess that a
laptop would have the same issue, so distance from the screen may be
the thing that brings success. This was using the radio inside a
RadioShack passive tuned loop, BTW,

Brett