Re: [IRCA] Drinking the Kool-Aid, Jumping on the Couch

Re: [IRCA] Drinking the Kool-Aid, Jumping on the Couch

Russ,

     The 2007 Shootout (on dxer.ca) revealed that both  the SRF-59 and the
Sangean DT-200VX perform very well in RF-intensive  environments.  Neither
showed any images, and there was only one very weak  spur on each receiver.  The
stock SRF-M37V, on the other hand, has both  image and selectivity problems
(full list on the review), but Mesa Mike's narrow  filter modification may cure
the selectivity issue.

     I am eager to perform the mod on my own SRF-M37V,  but have been busy
doing full service-manual type  alignments on five  different SRF-59's... one of
which is going to you, my friend.  Wait just a  little longer, and you should
receive one of these super tiny terrors, Russ,  guaranteed to be as sensitive
as any SRF-59 on the planet

        73,  Gary