Re: [IRCA] Drinking the Kool-Aid, Jumping on the Couch

Re: [IRCA] Drinking the Kool-Aid, Jumping on the Couch

Saul,

I have not bought one as yet as I have enough portable radios. Even
through the local Fred Meyer has a half a dozen of them for $17.99 (not
on sale). With me, the newness would wear off and it would end up in the
drawer with a couple of my GE Walkmans I never use. I am "very" happy
with the Sony S5W I got from Gary. It is a great size for travelling and
a pretty good portable to say the least. One of the best I have ever
used for MW DX. The GE Super Radios (1 & 2) are back ups. I also have an
old Sony 6500 I need to get repaired as the audio cuts in and out plus
the Grundig I bought a couple years back that is ok.  With all of those,
the R8, SPR4, and Kenwood R-1000, I am set up pretty good. The only
other radio I might be interested in time might be a computer radio down
the road. Oh yes, if I found a decent Drake R7A, I might be interested
as I love Drake receivers. But I am pretty well set up with radios. Add
to that a couple boomboxes too. They have poor radios though, but good
for dubbing.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin