[IRCA] Drinking the Kool-Aid, Jumping on the Couch

[IRCA] Drinking the Kool-Aid, Jumping on the Couch

Another member has joined the cult. I purchased both the SRF-59 and the 37
from Amazon just before Christmas, and like many before me, I've been
amazed at the results. Last night while walking the dogs, I took the SRF-59
out with me, and listened to CKLW on 800khz, along with TWR, WHSO, and
two other weaker stations.

At the end of the walk, I rushed into my shack to compare this performance,
to my home station. Current configuration is an Icom 746-Pro, along with
a DX Engineering NCC-1 phaser, two LF Engineering Active Whips, and an
assortment of other antennas (Wellbrooke ALA-1530 Loop, 600 foot BOG, etc.)

All the same stations could be easily heard on the home station, but no
others, despite lots of dial tweaking, knob twisting, phasing, etc. Keep in
mind, I'm
comparing an under $20 radio to literally thousands of dollars worth of
DXing equipment. Switched to the Drake R8B receiver...nope, no big
improvement
there either. Amazing.

I am confused by the flurry of messages on this topic though. Am I to
understand that another "Ultralight" has now proven to be superior even to
the SRF-59?
Please tell me now, as I must own it!

For those of you who remain skeptics, take it from a new convert. Resistance
is futile. Drink the kool-aid. Jump on the couch and proclaim your love for
Oprah and the rest of the world to hear. Every word of this is true. Under
$20 bucks.... wow.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Les Rayburn, director