Re: [IRCA] Full SRF-59 Service Manual Alignment Performed

On Jan 3, 2008 6:33 PM,  <D1028Gary@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>      Congratulation again on your great SRF-M37V  modification, Mike, and may
> the Ultralight Force be with you!

Thanks.

Today I decided to experiment more, and decided to put the narrower
SFR450K 6-element ceramic filter (I think it's 4kHz bandwidth) in and
see what happens.  Well...  It definately gives even more selectivity,
but the audio is now too low-toned for comfortable intelligibility,
especially when females are talking. The filter worked well in the ol'
 DX-440, but I could tune slightly away from center one way or the
other to restore higher frequency response while avoiding adjacent
channel splatter.  That's a trick the SRF-M37V just can't do, so
tomorrow, I guess I put the SFP450I 4-element 6 kHz filter back in and
be done with it.

Now to find a service manual, so's I can tweak and peak the
performance, though I suspect it doesn't really need it. I think I saw
a website that claimed to have it available for download, as long I
gave 'em my financial details and $18. I'm not that much of a fan of
the radio yet.

--
Mesa Mike
LA de NM