[IRCA] SRF-59 sound quality

Where I live, my local 860 gets blocked by buildings and hammered by a
signal to the south, but tried it on the west side of the downtown core, and
it was playing a blues program. The sound - well you could be forgiven for
thinking it was on FM. I was with a friend who is picky about sound and
expressed surprise that it was AM.

I am increasingly anxious to trial this thing at my Burnt River ON DX site,
side by side with my more conventional set-up. If they could take what
they've lwearned and done with this ultralight and incorporate it into a
higher-end rig with multiple bands and such, what might lie around the
corner?