[IRCA] SRF-59 Awards Program: Is TWR Bonaire-800 In South America?

[IRCA] SRF-59 Awards Program: Is TWR Bonaire-800 In South America?

Hello John, Rob and Others,

     The question has arisen concerning whether TWR-800  is in South America,
or not.  I realize that honest Ultralight enthusiasts  can have differering
views on this matter.

     However, in the interest of simplicity and fun,  may I suggest that we
simply accept the continental boundaries that the ham  radio community has
developed at the cost of much hair-splitting (possibly one  of the reasons for
their premature balding, a malady unfortunately not limited  to hams).  The ARRL
and CQ organizations both clearly recognize that  Bonaire Island is indeed
part of the South American continent, so my humble  suggestion is that we avoid
hair-splitting on this issue, in order to preserve  the precious few hairs that
we currently retain after decades of  DXing.

    In the same vein, Japan is indeed Asia, Turks and Caicos  is indeed North
America, and if you all will accept my suggestion, I will indeed  be most
grateful.

    Rob, congratulations on your SRF-59 logging of  TWR-800, truly a
phenomenal achievement which inspires all of us!  (and  from Canada? WOW!)

             73 and Best Wishes,

             Gary DeBock