[IRCA] Queen Charlotte Island DXpedition

[IRCA] Queen Charlotte Island DXpedition

I have just returned from a brief 4 night visit to our place on the Charlottes, and as always, had lots of fun dxing.  This was an opportunity to DX in the deep winter, where the sky didn't start to brighten until past 8:30 am local, and it was dark by 4.  Conditions must have been quite disturbed as the reception was highly variable each day.  My highlight was armchair copy on the morning of the 31st  of KBRW, Barrow Alaka.  Yahoo!!!!   After years of trying and many tentative loggings, the morning I slept in by accident until after 8:00 am was the morning of hearing them.  The receiver was on 680 overnight recording the TOH IDs, and as I tuned in, they were talking about the cancellation of the fireworks display this New Year's due to ill health of the pyrotechnician!  Also highlighted was my first NT station logged....1340 Yellowknife that was on for hours last night on 1340.  The morning of the 29th had a few Filipino and Australian stations heard, whereas I didn't hear them again.  Lots and lots of JJ and KK (and especially strong were the North Koreans), and of course many CC too.  Some Russian FE stations, and Vietnam 675 was particularly well heard yesterday morning.  My favourites, though, were hour after hour of the Alaskans.....good, old fashioned local programming.   Highly entertaining and my mp3 recordings will provide me with many hours of pleasure.  I failed to hear KIAL 1450 Unalaska, but heard the other Alaskan on the same frequency at decent level.  I will have to listen to a lot of mp3 files to be sure.  Complete listings will follow in the next day or two.  Happy New Year to you all........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.