Re: [IRCA] Wince-worthy IBOC praise article

Re: [IRCA] Wince-worthy IBOC praise article

Scott, you asked a question and here is an answer, here it is.  As has
been stated before here and many other places countless times, it is not
the delivery system that is the problem, rather it is WHAT is being
delivered.  I asked my 22-year old son a little bit ago if he ever
listens to radio, he said "no." I asked him why, he said there is
nothing there to listen to. I asked him if there was something there
that you wanted would he listen, he said yes.

Yes this is an anecdote and problem doesn't prove that much. But how
many times is this story repeated across this country. Yes, there is
room for niche broadcasting, but how about the younger folks? How are
the stations faring with this segment of the population compared to the
past?

Scott, you know me well enough to understand that I like
radio-in-general.  I am a tower chaser like you and I am a radio
historian as well.  I am a DXer, last of all. DXing is just and offshoot
of my love of radio. I would like to see radio be viable, but it is
becoming less and less so. I have to wonder if it will eventually die.
(I am talking about the AM and FM bands.) It might survive in a
different form.

Regards
Bill Harms

--
Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland

Check out the Spokane Radio History Pages
http://spokaneradio.philcobill.com

and the Spokane Radio Tower Pages
http://spokanetowers.philcobill.com