Re: [IRCA] CCRadio-SWP

Yes, I've used the CCRadio-SWP. The MW has good sensitivity for size & good audio quality. It seems it uses a wide AM filter, but with sharp shape factor & decent ultimate rejection. It can almost always separate stations 10 kHz apart at my location

  Shortwave: As it was made for good audio quality, it can only receive stations 5 kHz apart when they are the same strength. Cuba on 6180 was still being heard on 6195. Short antenna makes sensitivity somewhat low.

  FM: Poor selectivity with locals affecting weak stations 400 khz away. KQRS-92.5 is 23 miles away & was stilll heard on 91.9. Also, rather poor FM sensitivity due to short antenna. Plus FM overloads easily. I returned it due to FM problems, but anyone who wants it only for MW domestic DX & needs pocket size should like it. 73, George S., MN

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Good Evening,

Has anyone used the CC Radio SWP? It's a pocket radio. 5" W x 3" H x 1.2" D. Operates on 2 AA batteries for 70 hours. Stores up to 200 AM/FM and shortwave stations. Has 9 k or 10 k AM tuning. AM/FM SW1 2300-7500 SW2 9200-22000. Direct key access. $49.95.

http://www.ccrane.com/radios/pocket-radios/index.aspx

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA