Re: [IRCA] subject line editing

I look at mail headers on delayed emails.  Most are traceable to bouncing around on Yahoo email servers.  Some aren't.

Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- Michael Hawkins wrote:

> Gmail does offer the added feature of confusion. Anybody who goes to
> the cafeteria on a scooter and calls his female boss "Dude" has a
> strange way of seeing the world. You ought to see the way Googlers
> drive.....its very scary! The biggest irritant with Yahoo is the
> number of emails I get in response to a post, and the original post
> shows up 8 hours to 3 days later. Then there's the Nigerian scams!
> Ugh...

I don't know what makes you blame the former solely on Yahoo. There are
multiple potential problem points elsewhere. That said, Yahoo ( along
with some other providers ) has had some periodic problems over the
past 6 months with batches and batches of long-delayed emails from
lists. Not sure even now how much of that was yahoo and how much
elsewhere.

So I started using gamil as primary for the 2 lists which had that
problem ( both emanating from the same server/provider ). Using gmail
for list email is maddening because they've set it up so as to (
helpfully, they think ) suppress you seeing your own post return, thus
you never know whether your post hit the list or not....

I intend to reduce or even eliminate my use of gmail for lists for that
reason except as a back-up.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]