Re: [IRCA] There is one downside to the SRF-59...

Re: [IRCA] There is one downside to the SRF-59...

I hot-glued a bottled water cap to the top of the dial and then hot-glued
the cap to the top of a rice jar--3.5" od.  The water bottle cap gave
clearance above the components.  I attached a paper disk inside the top of
the rice jar cap.  During the day, I marked freqs. along the rim and indexed
the ticks against the edge of the bottom of the rx's case.  It's still
crowded at the top, but the dial is easier to use than the thumb wheel.  The
rx is no longer pocket portable.  I used the 37V as a frequency spotter and
noticed that it was not as selective nor as sensitive as the 59.  Local
stations were wider on the 37.  For example, 880 WCBS was easy to separate
from local 900 on the 59.  Not so on the 37. Couldn't find it at 880 on the
digital dial--heard local 900.  This was almost an hour and a half before
sunset and NY is 750 miles away.
Gil