[IRCA] DX test results

It was great to log it. The quality of the signal
seemed to improve as time went on. I didn't hear
anything at all in the first ten minutes (did it start
late?) and when I returned from the computer and
refrigerator by 20 past I was hearing weak sweeps.
Towards the end I was able to ID the morse code calls
letters (maybe more ccode than that, not sure), and I
even heard suspect music. I didn't tape it, because I
don't collect QSLs, and I couldn't name the tunes if
my receiver's continued performance depended on it.
But one piece sounded like the kind of marching music
I'd hear in a very bad movie about a highschool
football team. Another sounded like something I used
to hear on Channel 7 from Buffalo growing up (rapid
fire, excited kind of music). But I heard no
discernable voice whatsoever. Nor did I hear the UI
music that Bill Harms heard as a fourth station. But
that might be because I haven't a clue what UI music
is... What I can say, overall, is that what made my
morning is reading that Pat Martin in Oregon managed
to hear code (and maybe more?). This was never a
killer signal here, and that it skipped out to the
west coast is simply awesome, and an insipration to me
as I work here to organize some tests.

Saul / Burnt River ON