Re: [IRCA] TPs for 11/16

At 19:10 16/11/2007, Gary wrote:
>   The  1440 UTC conditions seemed the
>usual lackluster situation that has prevailed for  most of this month around
>dawn, at least here.

I think your sunrise is about 7 minutes before Victoria's, Gary; my
listening was around 1415UT, when, except for the big Japanese,
conditions weren't really great (well, 279 was about the best I've
heard it this season, which isn't saying very much, but still; then
there was Morioka, weak but clearish on 531....so maybe it wasn't too
bad).  Then I seriously listened from 1500 to 1530UT, and that was
better, especially on the upper band.  The propagation monitor said
that things were generally stronger than yesterday also.

Main point of interest was audio on 1395, not great, but enough to
hear a woman singing; sounded oriental.  1395 is a pretty dead
channel here normally.

So, overall: (Asian unless noted)

Darn good audio, if briefly:  828 earlier

Reasonable audio  (though often battling w/splash)  594, 639 CNR1,
774, and 1566 which had a huge carrier as well.

Not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise: 279,
567, 738 DU, 693, 747 though generally poorer especially compared
with the other two big NHK2 guns, 1395, 1475

Burbles in the splatter:  189, 531 (JJ at 1414UT, mixing with ADK
beacon), 612 DU, 621, 675, 702, 837, 855 with hum, 864, 936, 945, 999
w/hum (!), 1134, 1287 seemed to be two signals, 1368, 1503, 1575

strong carrier, no audio:  972, 1206 off channel, likely China,  1269, 1323

best wishes,

Nick