From: amdxmail@xxxxxxx
To: IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 3:49 pm
Subject: [NRC-AM] WLPO-1220 DX test

Heard weak to fair with code starting up promptly at 4:00 EDT, sporadic sweep tones and code noted later.
Were they the Muzak/"beautiful music" station?? I picked out instrumental arrangements of "Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile" and "Somewhere My Love" at various times.? Haven't heard that format on the radio in 20 years.? I thought that the digital hash from WPHT-1210 would zap the chance of any voice, but right at the bottom of the hour I copied Friday night HS football scores, promo for a college game this afternoon on WLPO AM and FM, and Halloween safety tips sponsored by three area businesses.?

First heard 20 years ago this week, during the first year that 1220ers could be on at night.? Don't remember hearing them again till now - thanks, everybody!

Steve Francis
Alcoa, Tennessee