Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] MIAMI/BOSTON ON 1620, ctd.

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] MIAMI/BOSTON ON 1620, ctd.

> Updated info:
> 1. WEXP (FM) knows nothing about someone on 1620 relaying their signal
> 2. KOZN Omaha says they were not carrying the Patriots/Dolphins game
> 3. WWLV South Bend offices are now closed (4:15pm CDT) but 1620 is
> still referred to as "Love Songs" on the phone message
>
> I think we can all agree that one of the Boston Haitian stations has
> not increased power and changed formats. Also, I think we can agree
> that this was probably not a US military plane relaying the broadcast
> and circling counterclockwise around Minneapolis over US-494.
>
> I can vaguely comprehend some of the possibilities others have cited
> but when KOZN says it wasn't even carrying this game, that arouses an
> immense amount of curiosity. Some of my listening was in the area
> where US94 turns in to US494; KFAB and KXSP are quite readable here.

Curious and curiouser!

Can anyone at WEXP (I believe there's now someone there on the cc: list to
this message) confirm or deny whether the station's using any services
from Waitt Radio in Omaha? If they don't use Waitt at all, that kills my
original theory pretty dead.