Re: [IRCA] KFBK 1530 not running HD

Hi Mike:

  Not sure if 1540 KXPA complained, since they didn't answer my email.  However, 820 KGNW did respond!  I talked to their technical manager today, who said he is going to come out to near my QTH some night in the next few days (they have a couple other transmitters he needs to check out anyway) to check out what 810 KGO is doing to their nighttime signal, since I am within 820's coverage area.  I stressed that, in my car with fixed 10 khz spacing (i.e., no SSB available) and an omni whip antenna, there was simply no way around the hash, rendering their programming difficult to listen to.  I hope he lets me know what he finds...

  Kevin

  -- -- -- --
  Patrick,

  I have been listening while driving to work around 0300, and KFBK does not
generate anywhere near as much IBOC noise (at 80 miles or so) as KEX does at
800 miles.  LA is strong on 1540 with KFBK IBOC in the background, and Port
Hueneme is usually above the hiss on 1520.  Except for today, KOKC was blasting
in.  Asian carriers were also very strong today but since I'm driving and have
10 KHz resolution on my radio, I figured I'd let our Northwest Contingent
provide real data rather than what little I could provide.

  Mike

Patrick Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I noticed tonight that both 1520 & 1540 is totally clear. KFBK audio
back to normal and no HD noted. I wonder if KXPA complained?

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager