Re: [IRCA] "Unintentional" DXing on 1590kHzn and one 940 kHz

Re: [IRCA] "Unintentional" DXing on 1590kHzn and one 940 kHz

Have you ever DX'ed while on the air on your frequency? Back when WMIX-940 first got its nighttime operation at 500 watts from a transmitter site 10 miles from the downtown studio, during the winter, the little AC-DC radio we used in the newsroom as air monitor would often pick up other stations on 940. It was somewhat disconcerting, while reading the 6:30 a.m. news, to hear WMAZ in Macon GA coming through my earphones.

Qal R. Mann, QRM'd in the late '70s