[IRCA] France Info-1206 last night

TA carriers were noted on numerous frequencies last night--most very
weak, of course. I found a pretty good-sized but very fade-y carrier on
1215 - still looking for audio from Virgin Radio there.

BUT... for what I believe is the first time, I got unmistakable French
talk by man and woman from France Info Bordeaux on 1206.  This was
around 0325 UTC 14 September (10:25pm Central time Thurs. 13 Dec.).
Stayed in pretty strong for a couple of minutes before fading.  This was
on the Sony 7600GR with internal ferrite-bar antenna.  France's audio
was strong enough to be easily audible in full double-sideband AM
mode--using sync-detector mode actually brought up the splatter from
1200 & 1210 (wasn't as bad just tuning in USB or LSB using the BFO).

Of course, the little Sony has a pretty selective front end, albeit with
only one IF bandwidth. But I should think this would've been clearly
audible on ANY AM radio that wasn't locked into 10kHz channelization!
It certainly must've been loud on the coast.  Folks, TAs ARE audible
this far inland--and as good as conditions have been the past season or
two, it DOESN'T require sophisticated equipment!  No, we don't hear
audio on 40 or 50 split channels like they do on the coast... but don't
think you can't log ANY TAs, because it is possible.

Randy Stewart
Springfield MO