Re: [IRCA] New Broadband loop and CBC 1350 log

Re: [IRCA] New Broadband loop and CBC 1350 log

Walt,

I have heard and QSL'd several LPRTs, but most are more than 40 watts.
One I get regularly 24/7 is CBXQ on the West side of Vancouver Is. They
are 40 watts and I have heard them since they first signed on around
1970. 40 watts at 250 miles is amazing, running S4 or S5 here during the
day, but it all a water path too. I have been out to the TX site back in
1974 and the Blue CBC building is at the Boat Basin and the longwire was
out over the ocean sitting in fog and the salt water area. No wonder it
gets out and a nice low freq of 540 helps too.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager