Re: [IRCA] Signal generators and "what if" dreaming

Re: [IRCA] Signal generators and "what if" dreaming

Charles,

First off I do not own the land my antennas run on. It is cow graising
land. I am fortunate to have permission over the past 26 years to use
the land. The land is under 3-4 feet of water in the Winter though. Your
trailer would need pontoons. hi.
   I cannot find a model number on the Heathfit RF Signal Generator.
Bill Block built it back in the 60s and gave to me in 1972 before he
moved to San Diego. I have replaced the filters in it a time or two. I
have a 3 foot piece of wire running up to a metal curtain rod, 3 feet
across from the grid of the 12AX7. The coverage is about a mile or two
in each direction. I have used it as a pirate living on the hill in
Astoria in 1975 and the signal covered most of the city. It gets out
much better on FM than AM. It probably is not legal per se, the way I
have the antenna input set up, but who cares? I use it to adjust the
pots. It hasn't been used as a pirate in over 30 years. But it does a
great job.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin