Re: [IRCA] Recording equipment question

--- Bill Harms <philcobill@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Russ:
>
> I generally figure that 15 minutes is long enough to go back and
> listen
> again to something I did not hear clearly the first time. You can
> change
> it to whatever length of time you want, 30 minutes like you do, or 1
> hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, one day, or whatever. (You can increase or
> decrease it on the fly too, and I have done that when there is a
> fantastic opening.)

I'm thinking in terms of a good TA opening, such as we've had a couple
of times at LBI, you'd need hours. 15 minutes is fine if you're DX'ing
and happen to hear only one or two things per 15 minutes you want to
check out. Depends entirely on the situation, I guess.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id