Re: [IRCA] NOAA weather radio information

Re: [IRCA] NOAA weather radio information

Art,

  Thanks.  I consulted this list first, and the "162.475" station which I heard is not on the list.  My RS WX radio has a three-position switch to pick the frequency I want to use, so either its mislabeled, someone has moved to a different frequency or its a station that's not even on the list.

  I bet people in the Gulf States had a field day a few days back getting skip all the way through the weather band.  Didn't get near that high here, only up to 97.1 MHz at my location.

  Mike

Arthur W Peterson <awpetersonrpf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mike (and others interested),

Detailed info about NOAA transmitters can be found on their web
site:
www.weather.gov/nwr . For instance, the page /CntyCov/nwrCA yields a
list for California showing county, the county "SAME" code, transmitter
location, freq, call, and transmitter power. The listed transmitter
location is not precise. 162.425 is on Mt. Diablo but is listed as
"Contra Costa County." 162.550 Monterey and 162.450 Monterey Marine are
on Mt. Umunhum, 162.400 San Francisco is on Mt. Pise in San Mateo County,
and 162.500 San Francisco is on Big Rock Ridge in Marin County. The
preceding more exact locations were gleaned from on-air monitoring of the
IDs.

Art Peterson
Richmond, CA