Re: [IRCA] US agencies and callsigns.

Patrick,

Thanks for that piece of info. I've been trying to convince some folks
that the FCC has no direct authority over electromagnetic radiation of
other federal agencies.

Nonetheless, the other agencies don't just take it into their heads to
assign just any frequency or callsign that suits their fancy.

FOLKS, the FCC has authority over commercial and private HFBC stations.
IBB and FCC coordinate their frequency requirements via NTIA, and then
NTIA sends US's frequency requirements to the ITU who then works with
NTIA and counterpart agencies of other countries to resolve conflicts.

Thank you again, Patrick.

IBB DOES NOT EVER USE CALLSIGNS as far as I know.

There is the "anomaly" of the Philippine National Telecommunications
Commission assigning the callsign "DWVA" to IBB Philippines.

I suspect that IBB never uses that callsign on-air, but I bet if
NTC and IBB get into a pissing contest, IBB will HAVE to use that
callsign. A matter of treaty. IBB is there because RP says it's OK,
oh, and Philippine Broadcasting Service uses IBB facilities for
overseas broadcasts.

I doubt that that's going to happen, though.

  Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina