Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] KGA downgrade?

Patrick Martin wrote:
> Interesting. I wonder what the downgrade might be? No mention of it as I
> could see, unless I missed something.

They haven't filed for anything just yet, and probably won't until the
sale to Mapleton closes. The biggest change will be a downgrade from
Class A to Class B. That will take away the skywave protection 1510
enjoys now, and allow the Oakland (Piedmont) 1510 to add more
significant night service. KGA will probably end up with a night pattern
similar to that of sister station KJRB 790, at the same site - a narrow
beam aimed north into Spokane from their shared site way south of the city.

But here's the kicker - when KGA downgrades to class B, that opens up
the channel for other stations on 1510, like KFNN and the Utah station,
to upgrade at night, too...so 1510 will get a lot more crowded
domestically in the west, too.

s (parked outside the Utica, NY post office)