Re: [IRCA] WIBC-1070's minor lobe west

At 12:24 PM 7/22/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>I think y'all who are looking at WIBC's "minor lobe west" are looking at
>the day pattern, not the night pattern. The night pattern sends one very
>large lobe to the Southeast, with the highest concentration at 130
>degrees, and virtually nothing to the east, west, north or south. There's
>a minor lobe (peaking at 263.6 mV/m) at 320 degrees, and an even lesser
>lobe (154.23 mV/m) at 220 degrees ... Contrast that to 2766.46 mV/m at 130
>degrees.
>
>I have not heard WIBC on 1070 here in North Texas, and in Mt. Vernon,
>Illinois, where I was for 30 years, WIBC past sunset was a rarity ...
>Memphis was the regular night visitor, Lookout Mountain next, and even KNX
>was heard more often in Southern Illinois than was WIBC.
>
>Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon

John,

Yes, I was looking at the day pattern as it WOULD be of importance to
someone out
West as the greyline passes through Indianapolis before WIBC drops power and
changes pattern.

The night southwest lobe looks to be on the order of 500 watts at night. After
insulting the Nand McRally moad rap for Indiana, I conclude that the minor
lobes
are to cover Vincennes and Bloomington, Indiana.

I have more than a passing interest in WIBC, in light of experiences we had
with them when I was still a teenager.

CATmudgeon

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP

  Greenville, North Carolina