Re: [IRCA] Patterns

Hi Patrick, in 1987, k r l a moved their transmitter from El Monte to
Irwindale, and it seemed that for a while, they were coming in a lot
better in orange county at night then they did from their old site, but
then again, they had a seven tower array, and I even heard one day
where their rectifyer got too hot, so that water cooled transmitter
must not have been getting enough water to cool things.  Also, a puzzle
about k r l A, because I've never seen this with any station in another
market, and that is that every Tuesday, they'd lower their power for
some reason, and the times for that would always varry, and sometimes,
they would do it on other days such as Wednesday or Thursday, and I use
to wonder if this was because of their rectifyer problems they were
having, but now, I don't think it was that.  Incidently, I understand
that in 1981, they lost one of their seven towers, and were operating
on six towers because somebody crashed in to the transmitter site.  T
The only other station to consistantly lower their power once a week on
a Friday was k d a y in Santa Monica.