[IRCA] StLDX QTH

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  I really appreciate the information
on the websites that people have provided.  As for Tim's comments
"Greatest hits of yesterday and today" just ignore him folks; if you
don't he will just keep posting bad jokes;-)

My QTH is the south side of the city about one mile from the St. Louis
City/County line and the township of Afton.  Unlike most cities in the
US that belong to the county in which it resides, StL is an
"independent" city (meaning that is a "city-county").  I find it quite
surprising that I can get some good DX from my location considering that
I have counted 9 line of sight radio transmitters surrounding me (I'm
sure that I'll see a couple more when I get up on the roof later this
year).

As for inverters/power sources; I am currently working on a solar
powered generator for camping/DXing and to run my shack and computer at
home.  You can get various dc/ac converters, mine is a Coleman rated at
800w @ 1600w peak ($45 at Uncle Sam's, a local military surplus/outdoor
recreation store).  You can also purchase foldable solar panels (look
for "Sunlinq") that will run many devices such as laptops and battery
chargers straight from the panel or you can hook it up to a battery and
run your stuff from the inverter.  You can even hook it up to your car
battery to keep it charged (this has definitely helped when it comes to
winter camping).  My panel is rated at 12w/12v and folds small enough to
fit in your glove compartment.  All of the components to the setup that
I have for camping/DXing, fits nicely into a "plastic milk crate" for
easy portability.  I do not have the address for the website right now,
but if anyone is interested just drop me an email.

Later and 73,  Woz  StLDX

**********************Harris-Stowe State University**********************
  This e-mail is confidential and sent only to specified recipient(s).
  However, all e-mail is subject to possible interception by third parties.
*************Contact postmaster@xxxxxxxx to report problems**************