Re: [IRCA] Antenna Soldering, revisited

> I *do* prefer soldering over a mechanical connection; it just bugs me to
> think that I might lose a weak signal due to a corroding mechanical joint.
>
> Have you ever experienced this type of failure I describe in your
> antennas?

I certainly have up here Guy. A few winters back I chased this type of
failure for days before I eventually discovered the problem to be corrosion.
Now I solder all my outside connections.

Pat: I use a propane torch to solder my joints. In September or October when
I check all my antennas it's usually very dry up here and as yet I haven't
started any fires. Mind you I am very careful to make sure I don't!

Mike in St Isidore, AB